Welcome to World of Yarn!

This is my blog dedicated to the craft of crochet. I love to crochet and have spent a significant portion of my life doing it. I plan to use this platform to put up my original patterns for free for anyone who might be interested in trying them. Don't forget to let me know if you have tried them and what you think!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Your hair uses too much yarn!

I was excited to do Rapunzel.  The Tangled movie had recently been released and my daughter LOVED her!  My son wanted to be her.....weirdo.  Anyway, I got to work and didn't realize how much work that hair entailed.  I knew I wanted to do the braid, but I was unprepared for the amount of yarn it would use, how fat the braid would be, and how hard it would be to make it long.  Anyway, here is how she turned out..


 A few months later I decided to update Rapunzel, make her hair longer, and make her body a little more slender.  Here is the second (and much better version) Rapunzel.



No comments:

Post a Comment